Adoption Rhode Island is firmly committed to equal opportunity and equity of access and does not permit and takes actions to prevent discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability/ability, marital status, and/or family status in provision of serving youth, children, pre-adoptive or adoptive families, or waiting families at the organization. Allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on any of these bases should be brought to the attention of agency administration immediately by reporting such conduct to the: (1) CEO/ED, (2) COO, (3) a member of management with whom the concerned staff feels comfortable, or (4) immediate supervisor.
Department: Youth Transition Services
Reports to: Youth Transition Services Program Manager
Salary Range: $40,000-$46,000/year with benefits
The Program: The Youth Transition Services department serves youth and young adults who are either at-risk of aging out of foster care or who have already exited the foster care system. Staff are laser-focused in supporting young adults in achieving their educational and vocational outcomes and connected to safe and healthy relationships.
The Position – Requirements and preferred skills for the position of Young Adult Support Specialist, include:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, preferred
- Extensive child welfare and/or experience working with older youth, required
- Trauma-informed and permanency competent
- Experience in direct service and policy development strongly
- Familiarity with state and federal laws related to child welfare and adult services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as data collection & application skills
- Connect youth with community-based resources related to healthy living, life-skill building, educational and vocational training, providing support towards achieving individualized self-sufficiency plans.
- Work collaboratively with young adults to identify safe and healthy supports by application of multiple family search & engagement strategies.
- Provide training and consultation to child welfare and community-based providers related to permanency and young adult-specific topics.
- Organize and implement workshops and events for client population and their supports.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements should email their resume and letter of interest to Alex DeRita at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a printable job description click here