Program: Youth Transition Services
Title: Permanency Specialist
Reports To: Youth Transition Services Program Manager
Education & Experience
• Must possess bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
• Have knowledge of adolescent/teen development, understanding of child welfare system, experience in direct service and policy development strongly encourage
Skills & Values Required
Must possess and demonstrate:
- Alignment and commitment to values, mission, model, and vision of the agency
- Commitment to equity and inclusion within the agency and across systems
- Advocacy for excellence in child welfare and adult medical and behavioral health and well-being
- Competence and confidence in building transparent, positive partnerships that will further the agency’s mission
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Data-informed decision-makingPosition-specific:
- Experience in service provision of trauma-informed care, permanency practice, and educational needs of child welfare population
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with best practices and state and federal laws related to foster care, youth permanency, homelessness and housing, mental health, education and health for at-risk populations.
- Ability to assess, deliver, and evaluate direct service programming
Must pass Background Criminal Investigation (BCI) check
Must pass Child Protection Services (CPS) background checks for RI as well as any additional states, per Adam Walsh Act of 2006.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Access to reliable transportation
Specific to staff-owned vehicles, staff must demonstrate:
Possession of valid driver’s license
Maintenance of clean driving record
Possession of valid and continuous auto insurance coverage that meets the state’s minimum requirements
Valid vehicle inspection sticker
Hold an active license with the RI Department of health (RIDOH) for applicable positions
Additional requirements, as outlined by service contracts, if applicable
Prolonged periods of (1) sitting at a desk/meeting table and (2) working on a computer.
Ability to self-transport to client and agency-related meetings and work within the RI community
U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics Occupational Requirements Survey (ORS) of strength level category: Sedentary to Light work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable staff to perform the essential duties.
8 hour shift – Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upon referral from YDS contractor or ARI YTS Department Manager, develop strong working relationship with each client to create individualized search/recruitment and permanency plans.
- Identify, assess, and engage new relationships for youth on caseload through use of (a) Diligent Search, (b) Family Search & Engagement strategies, and (c) investigative tools
- Apply 3-5-7 Model© to assist and support youth in clarification, integration, and actualization of life story, including use of genogram, ecomaps, timelines, permanency pacts, and other permanency-focused tools
- Work collaboratively with YDS programming to provide psychoeducation and support to identified connections.
- Conduct regular face-to-face visits with referred youth, at minimum monthly
- Facilitate, encourage, and support open communication and contact (i.e., supervised visits, community visits, correspondence)
with positive, meaningful connections and potential connections. Provide neutral and supportive environment for youth and
families to prepare for visits and/or engage in informal events to maintain connections and bonds.Attend and participate
in-service trainings, team meetings
- Complete all necessary documentation, including all client records, narrative reports of assessments, progress reports, treatment plans, quarterly report submissions, and discharge summaries, in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Actively participate and contribute to program and agency data collection and analysis for purposes of identifying trends, program development, and communication with the community
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 – $46,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
For a printable copy of this description click here.